6:30 p.m., Pikes Peak room, City Hall, Kiowa at Nevada
Tuesday, August 8th, 2017
- Current accounts and recent transactions
- Check for pet waste bags (Susan)
- Liz Cummings with Mile High Youth Corps asked about getting in touch with our volunteers through our news letter to hire young adults (18 - 24) to work on projects for hire
- Creek Week (Susan)
- Mt Carmel Veterans Center (Dan)
- Immediate (4-6 weeks) action items
- Crystal Reservoir (Susan)
- Bear Creek reroute -- Carol talked to Oscar about new route that Paul, Carol and I agreed on. Oscar will talk to Tim Wolken (county)
The adventure team will be called the Ring the Peak Discovery Tour, and have events the Saturdays in September after Labor Day, plus a media kick off event the Friday after Labor Day. Bob Falcone plans to lead hikes for Fri, Sept 8 for the media event, Sat, Sept 9, and Sat, Sept 30. Then Sept 16 and 23 can be mountain biking and equestrian events.
The symposium will be called the Ring the Peak Forum or Envision Ring the Peak. The Cripple Creek Heritage Center looks like a good site. The date is looking like Sat, Nov 18. Pikes Peak Outdoor Recreation Alliance is helping. Plans are to have a few speakers, Luis Benitez, and others, maybe a panel discussion, then small groups to solicit community input on what Ring the Peak should look like.