Friends of the Peak Board Meeting Minutes, May 12, 2015

Friends of the Peak Board Meeting

May 12th, 2015

 

--Attendance: Susan Jarvis-Weber, Bob Bunch, Carol Beckman, Brian Van Valkenburg, Steve Bremner, Alex and Jenny Sullivan, Mark Freeland

 

--Minutes: Last month's meeting minutes are approved

 

--Financials – Brian – "Nothing worth noting, except more spending because it's spring."

 

--New Board Member

 -    Jenny Sullivan having attended the requisite three board meetings was given   the opportunity to join the board. Vote was unanimous in favor.

 

--Leave No Trace

-          Lee Rittenmeyer not quite ready to present a class; feels he wants to do more FOTP work days

-          Antoinette Rodman had a conflict tonight and couldn't make it

-          Susan is doing the high school next week

-          Mark is now LNT certified; he attended a class last week

-          Membership in LNT organization; vote taken to join the Boulder organization for cost of $100/year: affirmative

 

-- Anniversary Party:  June 20th 20th year anniversary party

-          Food – Buffalo Gals Great American Barbeque has no servers, but they can do a "drop and run." Susan suggested pulled pork and beef brisket for meat options, with sauce on the side.

-          Microphone for speaker – Steve will look into getting one

-          Music – Dan Santistevan will play acoustic guitar

-          Program start at 4:15 PM or so; Dinner start at 5 PM; Music start at 5:30 PM

-          Carol will contact Mary, Steve, and Mike Cotter to possibly speak

 

-- Flyers, advertising

-          Brian is getting them printed; needs one more date confirmed

-          Deadline for PPRoadrunners newsletter is May 27th

           

Crew leader t-shirts

-          Price break at 24 shirts ($3.00)

-          Polyester or 50/50 blend? (both will be red) decision to get 24 half poly and half 50/50 blend

 

Previous items

-          Table sign – Susan is working this

-          Karma night Tuesday, May 26th at Bristol Brewery

 

-  Round table

-          Bob -- nothing

-          Susan – wants to know if we're getting nametags – answer: Yes; Susan would like to possibly offer LNT courses on demand, so long as it's feasible

-          Mark – still up in the air about future internship

-          Jenny –asked about the internship program: Susan was an intern with us, so she explained the program with Pikes Peak Community College

-          Alex – his company can put together a volunteer group during the week – Brian can work to accommodate anything

-          Steve – his running club is doing the sixth annual Ring the Peak fun run on June 6th

-          Brian – first workday is next week, then Cog Barr Trail workday on May 30th.

-          Carol – got an email from Bill Koerner that the Division of Natural Resources is putting together a state trails map and Ring the Peak will be on it.  "We miss you" postcards went out–small response–probably last time we'll do that.